Friday 6 October 2017

Pepsi and Nasty


In the last two weeks, the mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, has made it into the news almost daily because of events there and the anti-Trump theme.

Carmen Yulin Cruz.

Yesterday, she did an interview wearing a 'nasty' t-shirt.  It's supposed to be some kind of message, but it's hard to say what.

Typically, you were appearing in front of me, in some leadership role or executive role....wearing a t-shirt saying 'nasty'...I would likely have tainted or misguided thoughts.  For some reason, the image and 'nasty' would burn into my my mind.  After that....every time I saw the person...I'd be thinking 'nasty'.

Forty years ago....no mayor would have gone out and worn something like this, period.  Today?  It's a provocative lifestyle and people want to entice you or draw you to some fake conclusion.

After a while, you look at the whole image of the photo, and then you latch onto the Pepsi machine on the right-side of the image. "Nasty" and Pepsi?  A subliminal message?  Something to do with titillating or wicked thoughts?

Now I'll start thinking something sensual every time I see a Pepsi machine, and think of the word "nasty". I'll probably have to go and visit a mental health expert now.

No comments: